Wednesday, May 4, 2016

I have been asked what I mean by ‘word of honor’ I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls-walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground- there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of that circle? No, Never! I’d die first.”- Karl G Maeser

What this quote means is that if you give your word of honor you should keep that promise. That is because that promise can change many things in your life. Just the fact that is says your word of honor means something big. I think it means that you are willing to trade your honor for a promise. This is so that people will see you are trustworthy. However if don't keep that promise, people will see that you can't be trusted. Then no one will want to be around you or talk to you. People will see that you were willing to give up your honor for nothing because you didn't keep your promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment